If you live in a hot climate and use air conditioning, you’ve likely gotten used to the peace of mind provided by your cooling system. But as we all know, with anything mechanical – even the most carefully maintained AC unit can break down at any time. When that happens, there’s no telling how long it will be until you’re back up and running again.
That’s why now is the perfect time to take care of your air conditioner before summer hits! Here are four things you should do:
1) Schedule an inspection from an Air Conditioning Service expert for a pre-season tune-up. This will keep your AC unit in good working order and help to avoid any unexpected breakdowns.
2) If your AC unit is more than 10 years old, it might be time for a replacement. Newer units are much more energy-efficient and can save you money on your electricity bill.
3) Make sure you have enough insulation in your home. Air conditioning is only as good as your insulation – the better it is, the less work your AC will have to do.
4) Clean filters! Over time, filters can accumulate dirt and debris, which clogs up your AC unit. When this happens, your air conditioner has to work harder to cool the air in your home – leading to an expensive electricity bill.
Air conditioning repair services offer more than just cleaning your AC unit. To give you an idea, here are some of the additional services to expect from a professional AC service company:
- Repair damaged air conditioner lines.
- Clean evaporator and condenser coils.
- Fix refrigerant leaks.
- Remove built-up ice on the coil.
- Replace worn-out compressor.
- Upgrade your unit to more efficient models.
- Replace worn-out belts.
- Refill Freon or other coolants as needed.
- Repair and replace the thermostat and other components.
- Replace your standard central AC with a ductless system.
- Clean up mold and mildew in the drain pan.
- Fix broken thermostats.
Each of these services can help to keep your AC unit running smoothly all summer long. No one wants to be stuck in the heat without air conditioning, so don’t wait until it’s too late – take care of your AC unit today!
Air Conditioning Service experts can help you take care of all your cooling needs so that you can stay cool and comfortable this summer. Most companies offer free estimates and consultations, so you’ll know ahead of time what services are needed and what the cost will be.